Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Congratulations, Californians!

Your Supreme Court just ruled that 51% of California voters can take away a right granted by the California constitution. Cool! Let me go look at the California constitution's equal protection clause... hmm. Oh I know, let me get an initiative onto the ballot to eliminate marriage rights for vegans! Because we all know that those vegans are sick and immoral. If God had not intended for man to eat meat, then He wouldn't have placed beefsteaks into our grocery stores. Marriage between vegans passes that evil seed of depravity on to future generations and thus must be abolished! Yeah!

-- Badtux the Snarky Penguin

1 comment:

  1. It is the tyranny of the majority. We basically live in a system where 51% of the people can strip the rights of the remaining 49%. Of course, this is only a bad thing when the progressives are able to get any part of their agenda through. :eyeroll:


Ground rules: Comments that consist solely of insults, fact-free talking points, are off-topic, or simply spam the same argument over and over will be deleted. The penguin is the only one allowed to be an ass here. All viewpoints, however, are welcomed, even if I disagree vehemently with you.

WARNING: You are entitled to create your own arguments, but you are NOT entitled to create your own facts. If you spew scientific denialism, or insist that the sky is purple, or otherwise insist that your made-up universe of pink unicorns and cotton candy trees is "real", well -- expect the banhammer.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.